Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wisdom Teeth

Last Friday around 9am, I had to go and get my wisdom teeth taken out. Only my top wisdom teeth though, just because a couple years ago when I was 12, I had a surgery done on my teeth and I had to get my bottom wisdom teeth taken out while they did other things that I can not remember. Since I've done oral surgeries more than once, I knew how it went and yet I was still terrified for some reason. The nurse(who was really sweet), put the mask over me so I could inhale and exhale the gas that makes you feel all wibbley wobbley and all that jazz. Just even the thought of that stuff makes me shudder, and yes, I hate it just that much and I never want to think about it ever EVER again. I drifted to a light sleep, where I could still talk and move my arms. My surgeon came in the room, and he's done pretty much most of my oral surgeries with a friendly "hello", then inserting the dreaded needle into my arm. Okay, one thing, I hate needles. I think I'd rather scream and run 3 miles than have someone put a needle in my arm. But I guess it was okay since he put numbing stuff on my arm before he inserted the dreaded needle. After that, a small, single tear arose from my eye and off I was in the mystical land of sleep. 
When I woke up, the nurse moved me into the "recovery room" where you pretty much just lay there on a reclined chair and sleep or something. My parents talked to the nurse and surgeon, and since I was sorta really tired and trying to recover from being out for so long, I didn't know what they were saying. Lovely stuff., huh? We left and I dove head first into my Mom's small Nissan car and fell fast asleep with the gauze in my mouth. We reached home and I immediately went in my room and fell asleep again and my mom woke me up to change the gauze every hour. Hours later, I felt as if the surgery had never even happened. And today, I'm walking around and doing whatever I did before except I'm eating less and taking some medication.(speaking of which.... I should probably take some now.) 
So. If you're wondering how bad it hurts when you get your wisdom teeth out, it doesn't. If you're out unconscious you're going to feel nothin' at all and remember to take your pain killers unless you're weird and like pain or something. 

Anyway, I have another thing to talk about. My camera, Alaska, is going to the Canon Camera Hospital. Tegan, my 50mm lens won't come off, and on Thursday during lunch, my parents took me to 2 Creve Ceour Camera places to see if she could be fixed, and she can not. I must say that Thursday was probably the most frustrating and stressful day. I hope Alaska and Tegan will be okay. :(

This is what my camera looks like with the 50mm lens on it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so relieved. Thats probably the first positive wisdom tooth experience I've ever heard. I hope Alaska recovers quickly!

    ReplyDelete